Writing About Mental Illness (WAMI)
WAMI date is TBD but most likely in the fall of 2018. Bloggers, authors, editors, publishers, and educators interested in mental health and mental illness are encouraged to attend.
Topics to be addressed:
- Starting a blog about mental illness
- Writing as someone who lives with a mental illness
- Blogging as a clinician or treatment provider
- Memoirs and personal stories
- Self-help and treatment manuals
- Writing to increase awareness
- Writing to challenge stigmas
- Options for publication
Speakers and Sponsors
If you are interested in speaking, please contact our team
If you or your company would like to sponsor this event, please contact MIM and put “Sponsoring WAMI” in the subject line.
Who Should Attend?
- Mental health care professionals (doctors, therapists, counselors, etc.)
- Individuals who suffer from mental illness and write or want to write about their experience
- Educators and researchers
- Publishers and editors
For those who are interested in coming, check back in spring of 2018 for registration.