Teenagers and kids experience mental illness too. Someday, we hope to provide them with “Mental,” a one day conference for them—where they can learn more about mental illness and what having one means in their lives. We hope that Mental can become a valuable tool for educators and school districts to reach out to students and provide information and access to care. Ideally, Mental will come to high schools around the nation for a day, provide assemblies, or be utilized in other ways by educators and students.
Topics Mental Hopes to Address:
- Mental Illnesses as they present in childhood and adolescence
- How mental illnesses affect behavior, relationships, and learning
- Different types of care including
- behavioral therapy of various kinds
- talk therapy
- art or music therapy
- play therapy
- Self harm
- Social Media and Mental Health
- Supporting Friends and Family Members
Support and Sponsors
If you are interested in becoming a part of the Mental Team, please contact Kari
If you or your company would like to sponsor Mental, please contact MIM and put “Sponsoring Mental” in the subject line.
Want to Attend or Book Mental?